Sunday, January 6, 2008

Harry and Tom worry about flowers

L,

The last time I wrote you a letter, I told you about Harry and Tom Planting flower seeds in little pots. After all the seeds were planted, the little pots were placed in the plant house. Every day Harry and Tom would go into the plant house and check on the flower seeds to see if any flower plants had started to grow. Also every day when Harry and Tom went into the plant house Dan the deer, Charlie the cougar, and Samantha the squirrel would stand outside the plant house and look through the windows and watch Harry and Tom checking on the plants.

One morning, about one week after the six of us friends had helped Harry and Tom plant the flower seeds, Harry, Tom, Dan, Charlie, and Samantha knocked on my back door. When I opened the door the five friends told me to hurry and put on my coat, hat, and mittens and meet them at the plant house because they had a surprise to show me. I hurried and got ready and rolled my wheelchair down the ramp, around the house, and across the back yard to the plant house. Samantha opened the door and I rolled my wheelchair into the plant house Harry and Tom told me that the flower seeds had started to grow and now there were little green plants in each of the little pots.

That night when I went to bed, I was so happy that the flower seeds we six friends had planted were growing. I lay in bed and thought about all the different color flowers there would be. However, the next morning when I woke up it look dark outside my bedroom window. I rolled my wheelchair over to the window and looked outside to see that it was snowing.

Just as I finished breakfast, Dan, Charlie, and Samantha knocked on the back door. They asked if I wanted to go with them to the plant house to see how the flower plants were doing. I told them I would not be able to take my wheelchair out in the snow. Samantha said they would go the Harry and Tom’s plant house and see how the flower plants were. After a little while I saw Charlie walking through the white snow to my back door. When I opened the door, Charlie came into the house to get out the cold. When I closed the door, Charlie told me the cold weather and the snow had not hurt the flower plants.

Can you draw a picture of the plant house with snow on the roof? Or can you draw a picture of the three friends, Dan, Charlie, and Samantha walking through the snow? What color coats do you think they each have?

Until next time,

Grandpippy

No comments: