Sunday, January 6, 2008

Harry and Tom Take the Rabbits to the Park

L,

One day last week, Harry, Tom asked me if I wanted to walk to the library with them. So as soon as I was ready I met them outside my house. As we were walking to the library we met Ruth Rabbit pushing two baby strollers with six babies in each stroller. Tom stopped to talk to Ruth and asked her where she and her twelve babies had been. Ruth told him she was coming home from the grocery store. I asked Ruth where her groceries were. Ruth said that Roger Rabbit would pick them up when he came home from work for his lunch. Harry told Ruth that we were on our way to the library and that after we left the library we would stop at the grocery store and carry her groceries home for her. She said thank you and started pushing her baby’s home while Harry, Tom and I continued walking to the library.

After we each had selected a couple books at the library, the three of us left the library and walked to the grocery store. When we arrived at the grocery store, Harry and Tom put all our library books in the box on the back of my wheelchair. There were five bags of groceries so Harry and Tom each carried two bags and I carried one bag on my lap.

As we walked home Harry, Tom and I talked about how busy Roger and Ruth Rabbit must be with twelve baby rabbits. I said, maybe Ruth would like it if the three of us took the 12 baby rabbits to the park that afternoon. Harry and Tom thought that was a great idea. When we arrived at the Rabbits house we put the five bags of groceries on the kitchen table and asked Ruth if we could take the babies to the park that afternoon. Ruth said that was nice of us to think of doing that. She said that after the babies had their afternoon nap, she would call Harry and Tom to let them know it was time to take the babies to the park.

Later that afternoon, after the babies had their nap, Ruth called Harry and Tom. When we got to the Rabbits house Ruth had all 12 baby Rabbits in the two strollers. Harry pushed one stroller and Tom pushed the other one. I rode in my wheelchair behind them. At the park we went to the huge sandbox. I sat in my wheelchair and watched as Harry, Tom and the 12 rabbits made houses, stores and roads in the sand. Just as they finished making the sand town, Roger Rabbit walked up with his camera and took a picture of the sand town with the 12 baby rabbits and Harry and Tom standing behind it.

After taking the picture, Roger helped us clean the sand off the 12 baby rabbits and put them back in the strollers. When we arrived at the Rabbits house, Ruth and Roger thanked us for taking the babies to the park.

Can you draw a picture of Harry and Tom pushing the two strollers to the park? What color would you make each stroller? Do you think you could make a picture of Harry and Tom and the 12 babies standing behind the sand town?

Until next time,
Grandpippy

No comments: