Sunday, January 6, 2008

Harry and Tom Plant Flower Seeds

L,

Yesterday Harry and Tom went to the nursery store and bought flower seeds, pots, and soil. This morning, after breakfast Harry knocked on the back door. When I opened the door he walked in carrying two large bags from the nursery store. He put the bags down on the kitchen floor and told me that he would be right back with the bag of planting soil. When Harry came back in with the bag of planting soil. After putting the bag of soil down he asked me if I had some old newspapers. Do you know why he wanted some old newspaper? I turned my wheel chair around and rolled into the other room where the old newspapers were kept. I put a pile of old newspapers on my lap, turned my wheelchair around and rolled back to the kitchen. When I rolled to a stop in the kitchen, Harry took the pile of newspaper from me and placed them on the kitchen table.

I asked him where Tom was. Where do you think Tom was? Harry told me the Harry had gone to ask Charlie the cougar, Dan the dear and Samantha the squirrel to come to my house and help plant the flower seeds. While we waited for the four others to come, Harry and I place layers of old newspaper all over the kitchen table.

Just as we finished covering the table the four others knocked on the back door. While I opened the door to the four others, Dan placed the bag of planting soil in the middle of the table. Tom opened the bag of planting pots and put six pots in front of each of us. Samantha took the little bags of flower seeds and placed them on the table.

We all gathered around the table and started to fill the small pots with the planting soil. After all of the small pots were filled with planting soil Samantha handed each of us a little bag of flower seeds. We each put the flower seeds in each pot and covered the flower seeds with a little more planting soil. After each flowerpot was finished we wrote the name of the flower on the side of the pot. Tom sprinkled water on each of the pots; Charlie and Dan put the pots in six boxes by the back door.

After we had cleaned up the kitchen table, we put on our coats and hats and while the five friends went out the back door. I rolled my wheelchair down the ramp in the garage and went around the side of the house to meet the five others by the back door. We each took a box and carried them to the plant house and set them on the shelves by the plant house windows.

Do you think you could draw a picture of the six friends carrying the boxes of flowers to the plant house? If you asked you dad and mom, you could plant some flower seeds in a pot.


Until next time,

Grandpippy

No comments: