Friday, November 2, 2007

Harry and Tom Take the Train to California

L,

Yesterday afternoon, Dan came to the front door with my mail. He was all excited because I had received a letter from Harry and Tom. I told him that I would cut up some red apples and some yellow cheese. I asked him to hurry and ask Charlie and Samantha to come for a snack and we would read Harry ant Tom’s letter together. When the three friends returned, we sat around the kitchen table and had the apples and cheese for a snack. After the snack, we opened the letter and read it. Here is what Harry and Tom wrote.

Dear Pippy,

As you know we took a bright green taxi to the train station. It took a long time to go from our house to the train station. When we arrived at the train station, while I our suitcases out of the trunk of the bright green taxi, Tom paid the taxi driver. After the bright green taxi drove away, we walked into the train station. The train station was very large and very noisy. There were a lot of people walking around and sitting on the benches. Tom and I didn’t know where we should go to get on the train. We walked around until we saw a policewoman. Tom said I should ask her where we should go to get on the train. She asked me if we had bought our train tickets. I didn’t know and said I would have to ask Tom. When Tom said he had not bought the train tickets yet, the policewoman showed us where to buy the tickets.

After we bought the train tickets, Tom and I picked up our suitcases and followed the policewoman to the train. When we got to the train, she told the conductor we were going to visit our sisters who lived in California. The conductor showed us where our room was. Because, we both were tired after the long taxi trip, the busy time getting the train tickets and finding our room on the train, we decided to take naps.

When we woke up the train had left the station and was going down the tracks toward California. Tom and I left our room and walked through the train until we came to the dinning car. We sat at a table by a window. As we ate our supper, we looked out the window and watched the scenery go by. After supper we walked through the entire train. As we walked, we stopped and talked to some of the other people on the train.

The next morning, we sat at the same table and had breakfast. I had oatmeal with raisins and honey. Tom had blueberry pancakes with maple syrup. I looked out the window and saw children standing waiting for the school bus. When I waved to the children, they waved back. I wondered what they had for breakfast. What did you have for breakfast this morning. Can you draw a picture of your breakfast?

After breakfast, Tom looked at a book about the train and I wrote you this letter. The conductor said if I give him this letter, he will mail it to you. Tom said to tell you he plans to write you the next letter. Be sure to read this letter to Dan, Charlie and Samantha.

Your friends,
Harry and Tom


Well, Charlie, Dan, and Samantha were happy to get this letter. We wondered what color the train is. What color did you make the train the train is? Can you draw a picture of the children waiting for the school bus?

Until next time,
Grandpippy

No comments: