Thursday, October 25, 2007

Harry and Tom get ready for Vacation

L,

Last week Sunday afternoon; I saw, Charlie, Dan and Samantha standing in the backyard by the bird feeder talking to each other. When they saw me sitting in my wheelchair watching them, they came over came over to the patio doors. They asked if I had heard the news about Harry and Tom. I told them I had company visiting and hadn’t seen Harry and Tom recently. Charlie told me that Harry and Tom were planning on going on a long vacation and may not come back for a couple weeks. Dan said Harry had told him they were going to California to visit their sisters Henrietta and Thelma. Samantha told me that Tom had said they would go either by a train or they would fly in an airplane to California. Have you ever been in a train or in an airplane?

On Monday, after I had a soup and salad lunch with a bright red apple for dessert, Tom knocked on the front door. When I opened the door, Tom told me they would be gone for a couple weeks visiting their sisters. I asked how they were going to travel to California. Tom said he wanted to fly in an airplane, however Harry wanted to take a train. Tom told me that after he and Harry talked about which to take they, decided to take the train this time and maybe take an airplane the next time. After telling me that, Tom said he had to hurry back to their underground house because he and Harry were busy getting ready for the vacation.

Tuesday morning I saw Harry and Tom take their red wagon, walk around the side of my house, and go down the road toward town. Later that day I saw them coming back from town with the wagon full of bags. When they came closer to the house, I could see that the bags were all different kind of birdseed food. I watched them go to the back yard where they met Charlie the cougar. Charlie took the handle of the red wagon and pulled the wagon to his house. When I went to bed that night, I was still wondering why Charlie had Harry and Tom’s red wagon. I also wondered what he was going to do with all the birdseed.

All day Wednesday, whenever I looked out the window at their house, I didn’t see either Harry or Tom. After lunch, I took a nap and when I woke up from my nap, I saw Dan, Charlie, and Samantha by the bird feeder. I opened the door and asked them if Harry and Tom had left for California. Samantha told me that they hadn’t left yet. She also told me that Harry and Tom had been busy all day cleaning their house.

Thursday afternoon, the three friends Dan, Charlie, and Samantha knocked on the back door. I asked them to come in for some cookies and hot chocolate. When we each had a cup of hot chocolate and a cookie, they told me how they would all be busy when Harry and Tom were gone. Dan said Tom had asked him to get their mail each day and bring it down stairs to their underground house and put the mail in the box at the bottom of the fire pole. Charlie said Harry asked him to keep the bird feeder filled with birdseed. Now I know why Charlie had the red wagon. It was to help him carry the birdseed to the birdfeeder. Samantha said Harry and Tom had asked her to watch all the plants in their house and to give them water when they needed some.

Late Friday afternoon, Harry and Tom called me on the telephone to say they wanted to bring supper. I said that I would like that and asked them what they would bring for supper. Harry said that I would have to wait and see because it was to be a surprise. After the surprise supper, Harry and Tom told me that they would take a taxi to the train station the next day. If you were Harry and Tom what would you fix for a surprise supper?

Early Saturday morning, a bright green taxi parked in the front of the house. As I watched, Harry and Tom came from their house. Dan, Charlie, and Samantha met them by the taxi to say goodbye and to tell them to enjoy their vacation. Harry and Tom put their suitcases in the trunk of the taxi and got in the back seat. As the taxi drove down the street, Harry and Tom turned to wave goodbye to me.

Can you draw a picture of the taxicab? Do you think you can draw a train? What color would you make the train?

Until next time,

Grandpippy

No comments: