Thursday, October 25, 2007

Harry and Tom go sledding

L,

Well Harry and Tom slept late most days these past two week. I think they were tired from being so busy getting ready for Christmas. However, after lunch, I would see them walking down the street pulling their new sleds. I think they were on their way to the sledding hill in the park. One day they stopped and asked me if I would go sledding with them. I told them it is hard for me to go sledding because of my wheel chair. They told me they going to the store to buy balloons and others things for a party. They said that after lunch, after they returned from the store, they would take me sledding. When I asked them how they would do that with me being in the wheel chair, they said it would be a surprise. I was so excited I wanted lunchtime to hurry and get here so I could see how Harry and Tom would take the wheel chair with me in it sledding. How do you think they planned on taking me sledding?

I was so excited I could hardly eat my lunch of red tomato soup and brown bread with purple grape jam and a yellow apple. After lunch, I put on my coat, hat, mittens and wrapping a long scarf around my neck I rolled down the ramp and out the garage. I waited by the front of the house for Harry and Tom. Soon I saw them walking around the corner of the house pulling their new sleds. They came up to me and Harry and Tom picked me up out of my wheel chair and put in their orange sled. Harry and Tom each took hold of the rope and pulling the sled I was in walked down the street towards the park. I held the rope pulling the purple sled behind me.

When we arrived at the park, they pulled me up the sledding hill and down the hill I went. When I got to the bottom I saw Harry and Tom sledding down the hill in the other sled after me. After an hour of sledding we were getting cold so we went to the refreshment area and had some hot chocolate and cookies. What type of cookies do you like with hot chocolate?

While we were drinking hot chocolate and eating our cookies I looked back up the sledding hill. I saw Charlie the cougar, Dan the Deer and Samantha the squirrel sledding down the hill together in a large sled. When Charlie, Dan, and Samantha saw us they came to the refreshment area and had some hot apple juice and cookies. The six of us stayed in the refreshment area until we had warmed up. We spend the rest of the afternoon racing each other down the sledding hill.

Late in the afternoon the six of us went home. We all were cold and wet from all the snow. I was glad Harry and Tom were such good friends and had been able to come up with a way to take me sledding. When we got home I asked the five friends to come in for supper. I made red tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches with yellow cheese. Do want to get some paper and draw a picture of the six friends coming home after sledding. Or would you want to draw a picture of them sledding down the hill.

Until next time,
GrandPippy

No comments: