Thursday, October 25, 2007

Harry and Tom's Christmas

L,

Well yesterday was Christmas. Harry and Tom were busy all week last week. They continued to bake Christmas cookies and cakes. One night last week when I was already in bed, I heard someone on the front lawn singing Christmas Carols. I got out of bed and put on my robe, got into my wheelchair and went to the front door. Who do you think I saw when I opened the front door? Standing in the front lawn were Harry, Tom, Dan the deer, Charlie the cougar, and Samantha the squirrel. They told me that they were going around neighborhood singing at each house.

The five friends look cold so I asked them if they wanted to come in and have some hot chocolate and cookies that my mom had baked. They said that they had a fire burning by Harry and Tom’s house and asked me if I would like to come with them and have hot apple juice and some of the cookies that Harry and Tom had baked. I said yes and asked them to come in while I changed my pajamas and put on warm clothes and a coat, mittens, and a hat. After I was ready, we all went down the ramp, out the garage, and around the corner of the house to the back yard. Harry and Tom had their outdoor Christmas tree’s lights turned on and a nice warm fire burning. Harry and Tom served us nice hot apple juice. They also had Hazelnut honey cookies shaped like stars and Christmas trees. They also gave each of us a piece of warm apple cake with a candy rain deer frosting.

When I talked to Harry and Tom last night, they told me that they both received new coats, mittens, and hats from their mom and dad from Florida. Their sisters, Henrietta and Thelma who live in California sent them a new red wagon and two sleds to use in the snow. One of the sleds was purple and the other one was orange.

I told Harry and Tom that I had seen Dan, Charlie, and Samantha walking to their house early Christmas morning. They told me that they had invited them to spend Christmas day with them. I think they made waffles for breakfast and after that they opened the presents they had given each other. Late in the day they had a special dinner for Christmas.

What presents do you think the five friends gave each other? If you were to make Harry and Tom a special Christmas dinner, what would you make for them? Do you think you can draw and color a picture of Harry and Tom’s new sleds.

Until next time,
Grandpippy

No comments: